Concerned you may have storm damage? Contact us today to set up your FREE inspection.
Were your friends or neighbors affected by hail? Or do they just need a new roof? Check out our Referral Program to see how you can get some extra spending money!
Why does my insurance company pay for a full roof when there is hail damage?
When hail hits your roof it breaks the backing of the shingle. This causes the shingle to become weak and over time degradation due to UV light can cause serious interior damage. It is important to replace your roof before this happens.
If you think you may have hail damage it is important to make sure that a trained professional inspect your roof prior to filing a claim. Once it is determine that you do indeed have damage you should call the claims department for your homeowners insurance. Once you have done so there are 8 simple steps to getting your claim processed and completed:
1. Your insurance company will assign you a claim number and send out a field adjuster to assess the damage for themselves.
2. Once you have received the date and time the adjuster will be arriving to inspect the property, inform your Colorado Roofing Solutions field represtative so they can be there to meet with the adjuster.
Why should Colorado Roofing Solutions be present at the time of my adjustment appointment?
Insurance adjusters work extremely hard during our harsh summer storms to make sure that all homeowners are well taken care of. They often have several appointments per day and need as much help as they can get to stay on schedule. Having a Colorado Roofing Solutions field representative to help point out the damage that is already known about will help the insurance adjuster to stay on schedule and will help you to make sure that all damage is found within the adjusters time frame of your appointment.
3. Once your insurance adjuster has completed their own assessment of your property, they will provide you with paperwork stating what they are paying for. [This is known as a Scope of Loss or Scope of Work] This should be shared with your Colorado Roofing Solutions field representative so that we can move forward with the claim. The adjuster will also provide you with a check for damages. This check is known as the ACV amount or Actual Cash Value.
Why should I show my paperwork to Colorado Roofing Solutions?
This is a valid questions that most homeowners have. The honest answer is that without seeing the Scope of Loss we as a contractor do not know what your insurance company is paying for. We use this to draft our contract and determine what (if anything) the insurance company missed in regards to your municipalities roofing codes and guidelines. IT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU AS A HOMEOWNER TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE NEVER OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE ANY KIND OF MONEY TO YOUR CONTRACTOR UNTIL WORK HAS BEGUN. This is due to Colorado Senate Bill 38. If you would like to learn more about SB38 please Click Here
4. Colorado Roofing Solutions will use your Scope of Loss from the insurance company to determine what the contracted work will be. This will be drafted up on a contract and signed by both you and your Colorado Roofing Solutions field representative. [PLEASE NOTE THAT PER SB38 YOU AS THE HOMEOWNER HAVE 72 HOURS TO RESCIND YOUR CONTRACT]
5. Colorado Roofing Solutions will work with your insurance company to make sure the Scope of Work is complete and includes all code related items you may need.
6. Colorado Roofing Solutions will complete all agreed upon work on your property. [ONCE WORK HAS BEGUN YOUR COLORADO ROOFING SOLUTIONS FIELD REPRESENTATIVE WILL COLLECT YOUR ACV CHECK FOR THE WORK THAT HAS STARTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT MOST ACV CHECKS WILL REQUIRE A SIGNATURE FROM A MORTGAGE COMPANY. NO WORK CAN BE SCHEDULED UNTIL THIS CHECK HAS BEEN ENDORSED AND IS READY TO HAND OVER TO COLORADO ROOFING SOLUTIONS THE DAY WORK BEGINS.]
7. Once work is completed Colorado Roofing Solutions will send a final invoice to your insurance company for the agreed upon amount letting them know that work is complete. If you have an RCV policy any depreciated funds that were held back will be released to you in the form of a second check. [THIS CHECK WILL ALSO INCLUDE SUPPLEMENTAL AMOUNTS WHICH MAY BE ABOVE AND BEYOND THE AGREED UPON ORIGINAL CONTRACT AMOUNT. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SUPPLEMENTS.]
8. Once you have received your final check from the insurance company and have had it endorsed by your mortgage company [if necessary] contact your Colorado Roofing Solutions field representative and he or she will come by with a copy of your workmanship warranty as well as a lien waiver.